It's all About the Simple Pleasures

At Home with Madame Chic: Becoming a Connoisseur of Daily Life - Jennifer Scott

This is the second book I've read in this series and I was not disappointed. I enjoy the author's vision of life and her advice is easy to follow if that is the lifestyle you are looking for. It is filled with tools to make daily life a journey not a day to forget. It is possible to slow down a touch, without losing that crazed forward momentum we all feel the need to hold on to. I found that after incorporating a few of her simple techniques I did have a better day, a better outlook. I listened to different music, invited friends to tea, I took time to feel better about my appearance even when I wasn't going out.  Honestly I thought some of her ideas were off base but I gave it a go anyway and some really did alter my day. I felt more at peace, relaxed and less worried about outside opinions.

Is it for everyone ? Of course not, but there may be something in here that makes one part of life less of a chore for each of us. There is a fair amount on the parenting of younger children, which I am past. She is going through this herself and added her "ah ha" moments to the pages.

I am glad I read it. I enjoyed her outlook and her observations.