A Twisted Dysfunctional Family Tale with Wagging Tails

The Secret Life of Souls: A Novel - Lucky McKee, Jack Ketchum

Holy Dysfunctional Family Nightmare !  Dog people will love this tale of a dog's love and connection to humans.

There are some seriously deplorable characters inside this book. I was so appalled, livid, angry, furious at them I had trouble turning my ming off when I set the book down. The author is a genius in his ability to drive me to the emotional edge. I felt like I'd walked over hot coals but didn't get burned.

Delia, is a child actor, managed by her power hungry mother, overlooked by her spending father, and resented by her twin ignored brother. Caity, her beloved dog is her best friend, confident, and so much more. When a tragedy after tragedy happens there is one soul that is there for her.

The broken damaged souls twisted my heart into knots. The children, so innocent, or not a product of their world. The dog, loyal, loving and devoted no matter the cost. Her connection to her human deeper than the others.

After finishing this I went and cuddled my dog and gave him an extra treat, and thanked the gods for dogs. Then I needed a drink, what a story.

This was my first book by Jack Ketchum and it will not be the last.

Thank you NetGalley and Pegasus Books for Gifting it to me for review.