Many New Recipes and Combinations to Try

Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free, Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion - Taymer Mason

I learned a lot from this book. Spices, herbs, vegetables, flours, so many ingredients. I can't wait to put this new knowledge to work with the many recipes in this book. Moringa, a plant I've seen sold at a local farm but had no idea what to do with is now growing in my garden.
The spice blends while they have an extensive list of ingredients are so delicious. My family is using the Magical Moringa Spice blend , a nutritional power boast daily on just about everything. In this section there are many sauces, spreads and other flavorings as well.
I tried several recipes some I liked better than others but all were good. The Split Pea Fritters, not loved. The Caribbean Caesar Salad with Coconut Bacon, The Holiday "Ham", the Jerk Sausages,the Coconut Bread, the Coconut flan (the best !) and the Rum Raisin Ice Cream were all fabulous.
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the new combinations of food and spices and learned from it. That is a winner for me. I did have one complaint, I wanted more pictures. I taste food with my eyes first and didn't enjoy reading through all the recipes to drag interest out of my cooking soul.