Interesting Story Buried Under Too Much Sexing

My Viking Vampire (Sanctuary, Texas Book 1) - Krystal Shannan

An Unexpected great find. Why do I say that ? This was a free offering and usually the free books are rough and seldom lead to anything better. Yeh, How negative of me, but it has proven true. Okay moving on, this book broke that pattern.
The story was well developed, with believable backstories and characters I want to know better. vampires, werewolves, djinns, dragons and so much more, living in a town together. There was never a dull moment, it stayed steady. Why only 3 stars ? Don't laugh, there was too much sex. Yup I went there, call me a prude if you like. The story was just so good on it's own it didn't need all the sexual activities. It took me out of the story, and stuck me in their bed, or in their head thinking what they wanted to do. I just wanted them to hurry it along so I could get back to the djinn or the werewolves or the town where the actions was stalled waiting for them to finish. I also didn't care for her therapy plan it was weirdly placed in the story I thought. Not a fan of BDSM, and that could be the root of it.
I have heard great things about the rest of the series and plan to keep going. I loved this this para-world the author created. The dragon brothers are next :P