Loved This Spin Off Series

Dance of Thieves - Mary E. Pearson

Oh I love Ms Pearson's writing. She has such talent for building worlds with unforgettable characters. The characters are well developed, complex and vulnerable. Just the way I like them. The words are spun so visually reading them is like watching a movie. Thrilling, edge of my seat action, heartbreak, romance, and some fun.
This book follows in the world of The Remnant Chronicles, the author's previous series which loved. Some years have passed, and there are a few crossover characters. The heroine, is a elite guard for the Queen, who has a vary sorted, sad past. She struggles with her demons while trying to keep her promises to her queen. The male lead is a strong, honest man who is thrust into his role as head of a country when his father suddenly dies. She expresses her superiority in a public way and he tries to teach her a lesson that backfires on them both. They find themselves chained together as slaves, the sparks fly hot and mistrusting. being chain together, needing each other can bring two together or scar them forever. The beginning of tale has just begun at this point, it goes so much farther.
I can not wait to see where these characters go in the next book.
Thank You NetGalley and Henry Holt & Company for the review copy